Like the title says…..
It’s been kinda quiet on this blog the past week. The snow has definitely arrived and we are very busy preparing for winter.
We have to:
- Update our website ✓ (well…. almost) Wanna have a look? It’s www.wildernesslife.se
- Drag about 800 kg of pellets to basement for heating (which will last for a few months… ) ✓
- Make sure we have wood at the cabins for heating ✓
- Put down snow-sticks for plowing
- Put spike tires on car ✓
- Take down all winter clothes, snow overalls and heavy boots from attic ✓
- Find woolen… well… EVERYTHING (hats, underwear, gloves, sweaters, socks…. ✓
- Find long… also EVERYTHING….. (hats, underwear, gloves, sweaters, socks…. ✓
- Put up hangers for guests snow overalls and boots
- Find all snow shovels (which DISAPEAR every freakin’ season) ✓
- Find all ice-scratching-thingies for cars ( yes, they also disappear every season) ✓
- Fill up emergency bag in car (food, survival stuff) (yepp, serious business living out here 🙂 You can actually DIE if your car gets stuck and you are not prepared)
- Put a bag of warm clothes & blankets in car (in case we get stuck in minus 40 °)
- Put a shovel in the car
- Prepare for power outages…. they come every year and when your heating needs power the sh*t can hit the fan quit fast if you are not prepared ✓
- Make sure roofs don’t cave when snow falls….
- Put cable for the engine heater in the car
- Cover and remove everything that you do not want lost in the snow (try finding something underneath 1 meter of snow….. that is A LOT of shoveling) ✓
- Get all snowmobiles ready for use ✓
- Fill all bird feeders, the poor things. It still amazes me that these tiny things, maybe 5 cm tall with their tiny bodies survive these winters ✓
- …… ya, that was it for now I think…….
Ladies & Gentlemen, we will now have snow for the next 6 months and as you can see I am not prepared yet 🙂 But is sure is beautiful.
~ Rebecca ~
PS: Wanna guess which animal left this? I love tracks 🙂